- A-Z of Motorcycles, by Roland Brown. Anness Publishing, London, UK, 1997.
- The World of Motorcycles, 22 volume set (vol. 16 for Triumph), Columbia House,
New York, 1979.
- An Illustrated History of Motorcycles, by Roy Bacon. Promotional Reprint Co.,
London, UK, 1995.
- Triumph The Illustrated Motorcycle Legends, by Roy Bacon. Sunburst Books,
London, UK, 1993.
- Motorcycle Pioneers, by Michael Partridge. Arco Publishing, New York, USA, 1977.
- National Motorcycle Museum Guide, by Ivor Davies. Jarrold Colour Publications,
Norwich, UK, 1985.
- Classic Motorcycles Triumph, by Don Morley, Osprey Automotive, London, UK, 1990.
- Guide to Pre-War British Motorcycles, by C.J. Ayton, Temple Press, Middlesex, UK,
- Pictorial History of Triumph Motorcycles, by Ivor Davies, Temple Press,
Middlesex, UK, 1985.
- Historic Motor Cycles, by David Burgess Wise, Hamlyn, New York, USA, 1973
- Triumph The Return of the Legend, by David Minton, Chartwell Books, New Jersey,
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Book, by Hugo Wilson, Harper Collins, Toronto, Canada,
- Tales of Triumph Motorcycles & the Meriden Factory, by Hughie
Hancock, Veloce Publishing PLC, Dorset, UK. 1996.
- Motocycles Whirling Wire Wheels, by Edward Radlauer, Abelard-Schuman,
New York, 1969.
- The Encyclopedia of the Motorcycle by Peter Henshaw, Propsero
- The Complete British Motorcycle - The Classics from 1907 to
the Present, by John Carroll, MBI Publishing, WI, 2001
- The New Illustrated Encyclopedia of Motorcycles, edited by
Erwin Tragatsch, revided and updated by Kevin Ash, Select Editions,
- Classic British Motorcycle: The Cutting edge: Fast Road Bikes
1950-1975, by Steve Wilson, Greenwich Editions, UK, 1998
- Triumph The Complete Story, by Ivor Davies, Crowood Press,
Wiltshire, UK, 1991.
- Triumph Motorcycles in America, by Lindsay Brooke and David
Gaylin, Motorbooks, Wisconsin, USA, 1993.
- Motorcycle Mania The Biker Book, Guggenheim Museum,
Universe Press, 1998
- Classic British Bikes, by Mac McDiarmid, Paragon,
Bristol, UK, 1997
- Videos 99.99 Triumph, Classic Motorcycles, The British Motorcycle,
Assen Centennial Classic, Best of British: BSA, Best of British: Norton,
Best of British: Triumph, Isle of Man TT 1950, Motorcycle Sport 1950,
History of the Tourist Trophy, Machines of Iron, Castrol History of
Motorcycle Racing, and From the Jaws of Victory.
All from Duke Video (UK). Available in Canada and the United States
through Halmar Video (see
- A-Z of British Motorcycles, Roy Bacon, Promotional
Reprint Co., England, 1996
- The Encyclopedia of the Motorcycle by Hugo Wilson,
Dorling Kindersley, UK, 1995.
- The Handbook of Classic British Bikes, Abbeydale Press, 1999.
- 100 Motorcycles, 100 Years by Fred Winkowski and Frank Sullivan,
- Handbook Guide to Motorcycles 1885-1940 by Juraj Porazik, Galley
- Various issues of Classic Motorcycle, British Bike,
Old Bike Journal, Classic Bike Guide and Classic Bike,
and Torque magazines, plus SuperBike, Canadian Biker,
Rider, Motorcyclist, Cycle Canada and Bike. Great reading,
fun and informative. Especially the Brit 'zines.
- Whatever Happened to the British Motorcycle Industry?, by Bert
Hopwood (reprint, Haynes 1999). A rambling tale of hopes, success, shenanigans
and failures, written from the inside, by a veteran designer at Triumph
and BSA. Highly recommended.
- The World's Motorcycles 1894-1963 by Erwin Tragatsch, Temple
Press Books, London, 1964
- See also separate my list of sources for Triumph